Fresh rosemary infuses lightly sweetened apples, top, with an unexpected aroma and flavor. Mint invigorates a calming tea, above, brewed from a traditional Indian blend of ginger, fennel, and cardamom.
- 4 1/2 teaspoons cardamom pods, crushed
- 4 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 5 cups water
- 1 piece (6 inches) fresh ginger, peeled and sliced inch thick (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
1. Toast cardamom and fennel in a saucepan over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add water and ginger. Reduce heat, and simmer until it reaches the desired strength, 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Remove from heat, and stir in honey and mint leaves. Let stand for 5 minutes. Strain into mugs. Garnish with mint.
Recipe from www.MarthaStewart.com